The Flagg Mineral Foundation was founded in 1962 after Arthur L. Flagg, a rock and mineral expert. Mr. Flagg was able to acutely identify minerals and combined with his geology degree led him to Arizona to work in the mineral, geology and mining field.
He was a founder, active member and served several terms as president of several rock and mineral organizations:
- The Mineralogical Society of Arizona
- The Small Mine Operators Association
- The American Federation of Mineralogical Societies
- Rocky Mountain Federation of Mineralogical Societies
- The Arizona Mining and Mineral Museum – he served as first curator
To learn more about The Flagg Mineral Foundation, please visit their website flaggmineralfoundation.org